11.17.2013

Review: Limited Edition Seasonal ChapStick Gingerbread Kiss + exciting news!

     Hello everybody! I know I just posted a review of lip balm recently, but I received the new limited edition Gingerbread Kiss ChapStick and I knew I had to make a post about it before it disappears!


How could you resist the little guy?





   This Gingerbread Kiss is a new flavor of ChapStick for the holiday season so this is the first time we are seeing this on the market. This isn't the only seasonal holiday flavor of ChapStick available right now- they brought back Candy Cane by popular demand! Stock up now on both of these flavors because they are simply irresistible. Now, for the real star of the post, Gingerbread Kiss.



   The tube contains 4 grams of product which is standard in all ChapSticks, and has a very cute outer sleeve in a gingerbread color and the cap has an adorable little gingerbread man on it. Upon looking at the ingredients, I noticed that beeswax is in the formula! I'm not sure if my memory is failing me, but I don't remember beeswax being an ingredient in ChapStick. Aside from that, the formula is very standard, containing petrolatum, paraffin and mineral oil. There are parabens in this product. ChapStick is made in the USA; there is a website you can visit (www.chapstick.com) "for most recent information".


       This lip balm has no color as it is simply the standard milky-clear ChapStick "color". Thank the Lord it's clear because I can slather this on and not have to worry about having any color showing! Gingerbread Kiss smells so good (tastes good too!); it has some spicy notes, and my nose picks up a honey, syrupy note as well. You can really smell the gingerbread in this product. It lacks the buttery, cookie aspect of gingerbread, but the flavor is Gingerbread Kiss not Gingerbread Cookie, so I can't really knock it for this. The scent reminds me of Pepparkakor cookies, a traditional Swedish spice cookie that resemble gingersnaps. The scent is very comforting for me in that is smells like Pepparkakor; the syrupy notes of the molasses and the gingery, spicy scent of the spices (apologies for the redundancy) work together nicely in this lip balm. I've been sniffing this lip balm since I have received it a few days ago trying to determine what it smells like- it almost has a chai tea quality to it. Whatever it smells like, it's delicious!

Pepperkakor cookies! Credit to fransfavs.com for the picture.

       The formula on this is really pleasant, actually. I remember buying ChapStick five years ago and really disliking it because it was very hard and waxy. It still feels a little waxy, but its definitely more soft now. It gives the lips a nice matte healthy appearance, almost like an EOS lip balm. I find that ChapSticks last generally and hour or so for me and leave behind a nice hint of moisture. I am recovering from a sinus infection so this feels like heaven on my lips.The smell and flavor don't last very long on the lip, maybe a few minutes at most. The scent isn't overbearing so it's safe for those with sensitive sniffers!
 


  The ChapStick Gingerbread Kiss is a total home run for me! It makes a wonderful stocking stuffer, a "just because" gift, or a treat for yourself! I saw this in Walmart the other day for $1.99 I believe, and I imagine it will be available at most drugstores and Target, really anywhere that sells ChapSticks! Hopefully you can find this product because it is a delightful treat in the winter season!
    Also, good news! ChapStick released two "Cupcake Creations" flavors a few months back around February- Cake Batter and Red Velvet. I went crazy tracking stores down and I was successful, but I was distressed because I knew they were limited edition. Sadly, Red Velvet is, but I saw Cake Batter making a reappearance in the permanent display of ChapSticks at Walmart! If you missed it the first time, keep an eye out while shopping because you just might see it now! G. over at Nouveau Cheap has a review of both flavors that you can check out here.
    Thanks for reading! Xoxo~
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11274363/?claim=dpaubhxknsv">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


*I purchased this product with my personal funds, and am in no way affiliated/associated with the company/companies featured in this post. I was not sent any products from the company/companies featured in this post to review.*









































No comments:

Post a Comment