3.06.2014

Quick Review + Swatches: e.l.f Essential Lip Balm Tints in Nude, Grapefruit & Berry

                                           

   After hearing emilynoel83 rave about these e.l.f Lip Balm Tints, I've been on the hunt for them. Much to my disappointment, they've only been available online however, I saw these little guys sitting in a display at Wal-Greens in all their glory. I immediately hauled every shade I could find and promptly went home to take pictures and swatch! These definitely have lived up to the hype and are worth picking up if you see some! These have easily become one of my holy grail long lasting, tinted lip balm! I pray they release more colors.
    I have a new "quick" format of writing reviews so even when I'm busy I can still post more. These quick reviews will just be a more simplified version of a normal review. Onto the star of this post!




Availability:  I purchased mine for $2 each at Wal-Greens, and I only saw the shades Nude, Grapefruit and Berry. However, all four shades are available online for $2 as well on the e.l.f website

Formula: These balms have a thicker, tackier texture that is akin to a NYX Butter Gloss. These are very comfortable in the lips and are not sticky at all. While being thicker, they still have a weightless feel on the lips similar to the NYX Butter Glosses. These are VERY moisturizing, which is perfect for this cold weather we're having!

Scent/Taste: These have a subtle sweet scent and taste.

Longevity:  These last about 4-5 hours due to the tackiness of the balm. The color does lose intensity around 3 hours, but the tint left behind on my lips only begins to fade an hour later. The tint these balms leave behind are very beautiful and provide a nice, even flush of color to the lips. While the glossiness of the balm does fade, the hydration leaves your lips in a plush, silky state.

Claims: taken from the e.l.f website:
"This lightly tinted lip balm gives the perfect flush of color for a beautiful, natural look. The Coconut, Grape, Shea Butter and Rice Wax infused formula conditions lips on contact for long-lasting, hydrating comfort."
This product definitely does give a beautiful, natural flush of color but is buildable to acheive a more pigmented look. These are very conditioning and hydrating, and the tackiness of the formula definitely makes this a more long-wearing tinted balm.

Ingredients: taken from the e.l.f website:   
Polyisobutylene, Paraffinum Liquidum (mineral oil), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Polyethylene, Butyrospermum Pankii (Shea) Butter, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylparaben, Methylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Mica (CI 77019), Red No.6 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow No.6 Lake (CI 15985)
Packaging: These come housed in a simple, clear acrylic pot with a white plastic lid. I really dislike the pot packaging because dipping your fingers into the product is very unhygienic and just gross, in my opinion. I just "kiss" the product and rub my lips around a bit rather than stick my fingers into the balm.

Bottom line: These Lip Balm Tints provide excellent color and hydration for only $2 a pop. My only gripe is the pot packaging. I would definitely recommend these to a friend or even gift them as nice little pick-me-up's.

These are the most color accurate swatches 
Swatches:

This is the shade Nude on the lips. It's a warm toned beige color that pulls a more peachier color on me. The settling isn't as apparent in person and is much prettier.




This is the shade Grapefruit on my lips. This is such a pretty red-toned coral that leaves behind a subtle coral-y tint. It's a bit more vibrant in person.




         
This is the shade Berry on my lips. It's a very pretty red toned berry color that leaves behind a soft pink tint.

    Sorry for the ever changing lighting, Florida was being temperamental and was sunny one minute and storming the next! Thanks for reading.
Note: e.l.f is cruetly free and vegan!


*I purchased the product(s) with my personal funds, and am in no way affiliated/associated with the company/companies featured in this post. I was not sent any products from the company/companies featured in this post to review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment