3.15.2014

Review: Well at Walgreens Spherical Lip Balm - SPRING/SUMMER COLLECTION!

                                        

   GUYS, I AM SO PUMPED FOR THE NEW WELL AT WALGREENS LIP BALMS. Sorry for the caps overload, I just had to. It was the only way to express my feelings about the new Spring Collection Walgreens has put out! I saw an Instagram pic on Project Swatch's IG and since then I've been on a feverish hunt for these. I FINALLY found them after looking in four different stores. I seriously applaud Walgreens for putting out a collection of traditional and unique flavors. I was expecting the typical "Spring" flavors, but instead I got Pomegranate, Tangerine, Cherry, Blue Raspberry, and Melon Mint. I seriously recommend these! *these lip balms are currently BOGO50%! I'm not sure when this promotion ends, but if you want some, now is the perfect time!*

   I'm not going to write a full review because I already reviewed the formula and longevity on my original post; I'm just going to let you guys know the scent and flavors of the balms. I'll start with the more "traditional" flavors, and then end the post with my absolute favorites: the "weird" flavors.


First up is Cherry. The sphere for this balm looks exactly like the candy cane one, very red. The balm itself is such a cute, cherry red color. It actually does have a tiny bit of a tint, but you really have to build it up to get some color. This balm smells exactly like a cherry Starburst- it smells divine! If you're a fan of cherry, you NEED this one.



This is after about 20 swipes. 

Next is Blue Raspberry! This one immediately caught my eye because I love the color blue and I was hoping and praying it'd be blue raspberry. I'm so happy I was right! This balm is a really pretty blue color, and doesn't have a weird blue tint to it either, lol. This smells kind of like a Blue Raspberry Icee, but not as fruity. It smells a bit more creamy, if that makes sense. I can imagine this being really nice while hanging out at the pool.


Okay, now onto the "weird" flavors!

The most domestic of the weird flavors is probably Tangerine. Tangerine is probably the cutest pastel orange ever. While I'm not quite sure what a tangerine smells like, I imagine this smells like one judging off of other tangerine scented things I've previously had. This one smells really nice and has a refreshing citrusy kick to it! IT's definitely not overwhelming or overpowering, but it really does have a refreshing, exhilarating feel to it from the zestiness.



Pomegranate! Oh how I love thee! The packaging and the color of this balm are the same as the Berry Frost lip balm from the Winter collection, so I was automatically associating it with the weird scent of that one. Thankfully, this pomegranate smells nothing like that one! This one has a really pleasant fruity jam scent, if that makes sense. I'm not too sure what a pomegranate smells like, either, so I don't know if I could say it smells like one, but it definitely doesn't smell like a typical fruit or berry scent. There's almost a hint of acidity in there that prevents this balm from smelling overly sweet.



Last but not least, my absolute favorite, Melon Mint! I was seriously not expecting to love this one as much as I do! First off, yellow is my favorite color so the bright neon yellow instantly caught my attention, and secondly, the balm itself if the cutest mint color I've ever seen! I squee'd so hard when I opened this one. The scent of this balm has such a nice, subtle melon minty scent to it- it almost smells like a tropical drink you'd enjoy while laying in the warm sand on a beach somewhere in Boca Grande. There's an extremely refreshing feeling to this one because of the scent, but also because of the slight tingle you get when you apply it. The mint really has a nice soothing feeling. I imagine during the summer this one being perfect.




Hopefully you'll find these in your area and be able to pick a few up! If you could only pick one, I'd say go for Melon Mint. If you can haul a few, I'd say pick up the rest! Let me know what you think of these if you can find them. Thanks so much for reading <3

No comments:

Post a Comment