1.20.2014

Review + Swatches: Forever 21 Love & Beauty Speckled Pink Nail Polish

  Winter is still going strong, but we're nearing the wonderful time when winter eases into spring and pastels become abundant. I'm greeting spring early this year with the Love & Beauty Speckled Pink nail polish!
  Forever 21 has revamped the packaging of the Love and Beauty nail polishes, swapping an oddly shaped bottle to a cute chubby squared one that fits much better in Helmers (you can see the old bottles over at this review by Vampy Varnish!) The cap is removable for ease of application, but some caps are quite difficult to get off while others come off with the lightest tug. 


  As this polish is unnamed, which bothers me, I'm dubbing it "Speckled Pink"! Speckled Pink is a nice, blue-toned pastel bubblegum pink color with matte black hex glitters. The formula was very nice- not too thick, and not too thin. It only took two coats to reach full opacity. I was scared about the brush because it was just a standard, thin long brush but it was very easy to work with. 

Two thin coats of Speckled Pink + One coat of NYC Grand Central Station




 The glitter was easy to work with and dispersed nicely amongst the nail. I didn't have to bother with placement or "dabbling" this polish on. Dry time was fairly standard, 5-10 minutes or so for each coat to fully dry. I just laid down a first coat and about 10 minutes later applied a second, and then followed up after a few minutes with the NYC Grand Central Station (my HG top coat!) There is also a mint counterpart to Speckled Pink called Mint Chip, which I also have and will swatch soon! ^^ 
  Speckled Pink reminded me of Illamasqua's "Scarce" from February 2013, which is also a pink with matte black glitters but Scarce contains larger and smaller glitters and isn't as cool toned as Speckled Pink. If you want the feel of the "speckled" trend for only $2.80, I'd say picking Speckled Pink and it's counterpart Mint Chip will be a fun way to greet spring! 


Bonus bottle shot! This is the most color accurate picture.





Note: I am unsure if these nail polishes are cruelty or Big-3 free.
Thanks for reading! Xoxo~ 










2 comments:

  1. I saw this series from Forever 21 a couple of weeks ago and I completely fell in love with the colour "Vanilla Bean." Do you know of it? I can't seem to find it on either the Canadian or American site, but it was basically white with black speckles in it (it turned out to be baby blue in person...still pretty though). Although it looked really pretty on, it was such a nightmare to take it off.... :( Did you find that removing "Speckled Pink" took some time as well?

    As a side note - I love your blog! I'm really happy to have discovered it. :) You have really detailed reviews and I look forward to seeing what posts you come out with soon! If you have a chance and would like to, it would be awesome if you could stop by my blog:
    magnificent-road.blogspot.ca. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that one! Hopefully the F21 near me will start carrying it- they hardly ever restock. I'm in love with the "speckled" look right now so I'm eager to see if I can find it. I had an easy time with removal which was surprising because glitters from F21 normally, like you mentioned, are a total nightmare to remove.

      Wow! Thank you so much :) I try to give good reviews and I'm glad they're beneficial for others ^^

      Delete