3.15.2014

Review + Swatches: Baby Lips Pink'ed Collection "Rose Rush" & Comparisons!


When I read the post over at Nouveau Cheap's blog about the new Baby Lips Pink'ed collection, I was smitten with every single shade. Baby Lips are like Pokémon, I gotta collect them all. The cute packaging, colors, and scents just get me ever time. Not going to lie, I squealed when I saw the full untouched display of these new Baby Lips at my Walgreens! My Walgreens is usually very slow about getting new collections. That was just the perfect Spring Break greeting, a week off and some new Baby Lips! I picked up the shade Rose Rush, and it has become my favorite Baby Lips out of my entire collection! I'm so bummed it's an LE color, so I might just head back over to Walgreens and buy a couple back-ups!



Packaging: The blister card Rose Rush comes in über cute, but the balm itself even cuter! The swivel base is a pretty coral, rosy color and the tube itself is a mega adorable lilac-y, baby pink color. I believe this is the first time where a Baby Lips has has a different color for the swivel base! 

Claims:

Ingredients:

Formula: The formula on Rose Rush feels like some of the creamier colors of the Baby Lips, like Pink Punch or Coral Crush. I feel because it's creamier, it goes on a bit thicker and not as greasy as some of the translucent colors in the collection. I'm one that has luck with the Baby Lips and gets a nice surge of moisture that lasts about 2-3 hours, like the balm itself. I don't mind reapplying it though because I just love it that much. 

Scent/Taste: Rose Rush has the most pleasant, delightful rose scent with a splash of a fruity hint to cut the edge of the floral. I was afraid this was going to have an overwhelming floral scent, but that's not the case at all. The scent doesn't linger on the lips, either. I typically find that Baby Lips have a strange taste to them no matter the scent, but this one is very tolerable. It just has a sweet, fruity taste. If you accidentally get some in your mouth, you don't have to worry about getting a mouthful of something disgusting.

Longevity: I typically don't find that Baby Lips last that long for me but the creamier colors do last a bit longer which was the case for Rose Rush. I can get about 3 hours of wear from this, but the moisture it provides does last a bit longer.

Color: BEAUTIFUL. This is such a gorgeous warm-toned rose color. I am so in love with this color and I can't stress this enough. I thought it would look like Pink Punch, but upon comparing them, Pink Punch is much more blue-toned and appears to have a white base that can look kind of stark or chalky on the lips. Because Pink Punch is so blue-toned, it clashes with my warm-toned skin. I did compare Melon Mania and Pink Punch to Rose Rush, and thankfully they are all very different. Check out below to see the pictures!

Availability: I found mine at Walgreens for about $4.29. They are much cheaper at Walmart, but Walmart doesn't carry LE collections to my knowledge. 


Swatches + Comparisons:
Rose Rush. It's a tad more pink toned in person.
L-R: Melon Mania, Rose Rush, and Pink Punch
Top to Bottom: Rose Rush, Melon Mania, and Pink Punch
Wow! My face! I assure you I'm not 14- I'm cursed with a "babyface". I'm wearing Rose Rush. 

                                                

Overall: Rose Rush is such a beautiful color that's perfect for the transition between spring and summer that I imagine would be flattering on all skin tones. For such a sweet price for the amount you're getting, picking this balm up won't disappoint!

Have you tried Rose Rush or any other colors from the Pink'ed collection? If so, feel free to leave a comment and tell me your thoughts! Thanks so much for reading. <3 

2 comments:

  1. I just saw these the other day! It looks quite pigmented :D I might have to pick one or two out of these new shades~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with Very Berry! It looks like it could be a more pigmented version of Grape Vine so hopefully I can get my hands on it. ^^

      Delete